Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mississippi Trip Vol 20: Home Sweet Hooooommmeeee

WOW. I just woke up from a great nap! I had a dream that I went down to Mississippi with the Bastards to make a record and then hung out in Claksdale. Then We jumped to Memphis and hung out there for a few days soaking up the musical history where ever we went!

Of course I know it wasn't a dream....I pinched myself.....but right now it sure feels that way. It all went by in such a blur. Looking back through the photos I'm reminded of some of the greatest moments in my life. I'm still absorbing it all and filing the great memories of new people we have met that make up the pieces of the puzzle that is our future. Australia, New York, Florida to Tulsa, Mississippi to Memphis, we have made new connections that will take us down all kinds of new paths over the next few years.

Yesterday we drove hard. 18 hours. Right through the night. Other than heavy rain and bad fog and a real bad food experience at Chateau Westboro, an italian restaurant with incredible rude staff, it was a safe trip.

I'm home now and the adventure is over. Sort of. Now I'm busy booking tours, lining up a mastering session for our new album and thinking hard about artwork and liner notes. Always lots to do.

I know the real exciting stuff might seem over but I will be continuing to post regular updates on the ole blog here so I hope you all hang with me and subscribe so you get the videos. If you want to see a bunch of pictures from the trip head on over to our Facebook Fan Page HERE.

Stay tuned

Ross

1 comment:

  1. I'll continue to follow your journey Ross. I was thinking tonight how far you've come along in less than 5 short years when you won the Galaxie Rising Star contest. This is certainly what you were destined to do and you do it very well Ross. Can't wait until the new CD is available.

    ReplyDelete