Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mississippi Trip Vol 3: My head's in Mississippi


Ok. We got up and got out of our nasty hotel around 10am. We boosted a fella in the parking lot who's car died on account of the cold. We hit the road trusting that our food supplier, Cracker Barrel, would only be moments away. Sure enough we find one on the highway. A solid Breakky of Grits, eggs, two kinds of sausage, hash browns, bacon, saucy apples and biscuits. all under ten bucks! Wooohooooo! here's a pic....

After breakfast we head to Memphis. after we find our way back from a brief detour we head straight to Elvis Presley Boulevard. We decide the $100 that it would cost us to tour the house and grounds is way too much and are satisfied with pics over the wall. Biggest friggin' nativity scene I have ever scene. Disgusting. Here are some pics for you..




After Graceland we check into our hotel in Hernando. Then its off to Zebra Ranch Studio to load in and meet Mary and Cody Dickinson. The house is amazing. Nearly all the decor is Zebra themed. We have a good chat and head out to the studio to load in. It is exactly what I want out of it. Jim's vibe is intense on the whole grounds. After some chatting with Cody we realize that we are on the same page and everyone is excited for an epic week of recording. After we load in we head back to the house for stew and apple pie. It's all very delish and Mary is a great host and regals us with tales of life with Jim. An amazing time. I wish I could properly describe it but I'm still stunned. It was the most sureal hours of my life. Karl sat in the same chair that Bob Dylan sat in when he came to visit.....We are acutely aware that there is something special going on for us right now and are trying not to look it right in the eye. Sessions start tomorrow for what will surely be one of the most awesome musical experiences of our lives to date.

Stay tuned,

MB

5 comments:

  1. Amazing!!so happy for you...right where you wanta be... that zebra theme sure interests me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This certainly couldn't have happenned to a better group of guys! I am proud to say I know you all, go get them with you Canadian style EH! O Canada Go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW.....I really wish you guys all the best.... for sure a once in a life time experience

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give it to them Ross, show them what you and the Bastards (Shawn & Karl) have ....good luck, if it was $100 bucks for all three of ya to go to the Kings house - I will pay it for ya when you get back. Best of luck...enjoy the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not even in the business but reading your words I can feel how awesome this is for you all. This experience is life changing for you and the guys and I know you'll soak in every single minute. Can't wait for the finished product.

    ReplyDelete