Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mississippi Trip Vol 5: Full Circle

Fice years ago I opened a show for Alvin Youngblood Hart in Fredericton. It had a big impact on me and Alvin was super cool. This was my first "bonafide" solo opener for a 'heavy' blues guy. Five years later I'm in Mississippi recording my album and Alvin pops by to lay a badass lead on my song 'Badlands'. Awesome. It was great to catch up. Alvin Showed up right after our producer Cody's brother Luther popped in. Luther is the singer/guitarist for North Mississippi Allstars and the lead guitar player for the Black Crowes. He almost made us cry with the slide shit he put on "She Ain't You". Just unreal. Amazing day. Tracking is pretty much done. Tomorrow we polish her up with some overdubs and then its mixing. If you are reading this on the facebook link you should come here to my blogpage because there are a couple vids. The second is Us listening back to some of Luthers slide mastery on She Ain't You.....bad quality video, we didn't really get any pics either because we were all sort of in shock. Good times.

Later,

Ross

4 comments:

  1. Thanks. I've got goosebumps....on my goosebumps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.my.god. I'm just in awe. That is just...wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ross Man...Luther is in the latest Guitar Player online demoing the new Gibson Dusk Tiger guitar.

    ReplyDelete