Wednesday, February 24, 2010

olympics: Day 11 or 12???

Wow. I barely know what day it is anymore. Usually I know because I play on the weekends typically so it's easy to know when sunday/monday hit. This playing through the week is really screwing me up....

Last night was so awesome. Matt Andersen decided to perform an electric set to compete with the party crowd at the backstage lounge at the Atlantic House so he recruited Mike Carrol, Brian Bourne and myself to help him rock it up. What a great time. So much fun. Afterwards we grabbed the acoustics and hung out in the theatre dressing rooms and jammed with Jessica Rhaye and had some late night bevies. I do believe a full bottle of jagr was consumed in minutes. Amazing people to hang with and play with. I don't get to do that too much anymore with a lot of my musical friends as travel interferes with that so its nice to be in a place like this with folks popping in for a few days here and there.

Needless to say 11am set came early today. When our driver (the awesome Dave from pei) picked us up we also had to stop to get the lovely Catherine Maclellan but her flight was late so we had to wait. This allowed me to miss my first set of the day outside so I had a little head down time in the rehearsal hall before my afternoon set inside. The evening set was a special function upstairs. A hobnob thrown by NB for NB day at the pavilion. Lots of Moosehead, Covered Bridge chips and even Ganongs candy. While these sets are typically "corporate" feeling (no one listening) it wasn't so bad. I sold a good amount of CDs and ran into a bunch of Frederictonians.

I am fairly burnt out now though so I opted to not hang out at the lounge tonight. I'm back at the ole Fairmont in my robe. About to crawl onto the ole king size bed here and stare at the tube. Might do the same all day tomorrow too. Could be room service involved. A true day of rest. Stay tuned......

No comments:

Post a Comment